Monday, January 16, 2012

$7 and a Screw Driver


I was at the thrift store picking up some last minute things for our costumes for Halloween, and I found a VCR for $7. I bought it and brought it home.

For the next hour and half {after I had to explain what a VCR is to the boys} took it apart piece by piece. They had a great time, and I only had to help loosen a couple screws.

This is a great idea for anyone with kids that are fascinated at taking things apart. Buy a bunch of stuff and let them have at it. Kids are so curious about how things work and the inner parts of things. For your older kids let them see if they can put it back together and get it to work again.

You don't need to buy anything to expensive... just what ever you can pick up that the thrift store will do.

You may want to pick something up for each kid. The boys did good taking turns but next time I will get them their own piece of equipment to take apart.

3 comments:

HH365 said...

Another great idea!!!!! I LOVE this blog!

Brooke said...

What a great idea!!!

Gingerrose said...

That is so awesome. You get a super cool mom sticker for this one! :)

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!