Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fun with Letters

I found these little foam blocks at Target in the dollar section.


At first I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the blocks. I had a couple of ideas but I wasn't set on anything.

Well... Tim is learning how to read and I was going to just make him some cards with letters on it, and let him play with that.

I thought that these would be better.

I put a letter on each block and let him have it.

I made a worksheet with a bunch of words on it and had Tim trace over the words and build them with the blocks.

I also had Tim build his own words and write them down.

I like them because they are big and easy to hold onto for small hands.... and they don't get crinkled like paper. They are really sturdy and will hold up well over lots of use.

1 comment:

JRoberts said...

I have done something similar with rocks. We use them all.the.time! My youngest is in Grade One and we use them for everything. He loves the tactile feeling of making a word from them.

Love it!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!