Monday, February 20, 2012

Active Math

I have 4 boys.... but you know that. I also have crazy most days.... but I'm sure you also knew that too.

So I most days I have to find something active. I have come up with different ideas to keep them moving and like other moms I like to sneak in some learning.

I found these great big dice at Target in the DOLLAR section!!! {I love it when I get a great deal!} Then I made some cards one pile says to "Add" and and the other pile tells them to do an exercise.

So the game goes like this. The boys roll the dice and add up the numbers. Then they pick a card and add that many more.

**Dice roll is a 2 and a 5.... 7. Then they pick up a card "Add 8" ...15.**

Then they pick up an exercise card  and do that many. Some of the things on the cards are Sit-ups, Ball lifts, Jumping Jacks, Jump on one foot, Your Choice and the boy's favorite... Pick one for the brothers to do.

I will do this on rainy days or days when they are really wild. {I will also fold laundry while they play... I am all about multi-tasking} We will go a couple rounds or until laundry is folded.

3 comments:

JRoberts said...

Super fun! We do something similar for our "ABC's" each letter has an excersize associated with it, roll the dice and you find out how many of each one you are doing. :)

Eve | Inchworm Chronicles said...

I love that idea!

Mother Gooneybird said...

This is a great idea! On my way to Target to find those dice.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!