Thursday, March 1, 2012

B is for....

Photobucket


Marcy over at Ben and Me has started a new bloggy link up. This is something that I can do because I can plan for and know what is coming rather than having to wait for a topic.

This week it is B

And for me... B is for BOYS!!!

Homeschooling all boys is well... CRAZY all the time. The really don't often sit. So usually have to find creative ways to get the things done that we need. I will have one boy stand on a wobble board while I read to them. We have desks, but one boy would rather sit on top of the desk rather than at the desk. These are things that I know they would not be able to do in public school, and yet they are excelling because I can play up their strengths and allow them to be wiggly boys.

I also have them outside a lot. Honestly.... it is not supervised play.... or even directed play... most of the time when they come in showers are required and then I have to clean out the tub because of all the dirt and mud that has accumulated on them. But I like it like that. I like watching them figure out how there body works with out be dictated to. I like watching them work together to dig a hole, {and fill it up with water}, and then to move on to the next great idea.

I know all boys are different but my boys love so deeply. I treasure this. I know that in the years to come the love that I get to have all to myself will go to another wonderful woman. And while I know that is the way it is to be I will be sad when those kisses and hugs are not all mine.

Boys are funny creatures, on the surface they can be hard to figure out, but if you take a step back and just take the time to watch them and hear them you will learn so much.

5 comments:

Kirsten @ homeschool discoveries said...

My oldest is a girl (7.5) but she is followed by THREE boys so far (ages almost 5 yrs, 3 yrs and 4 months). I'm always amazed at how the 5 and 3 yr olds can turn everything into a contest, a wrestling match or something involving soldiers or guns. I can't wait for spring so I can send my boys out to play more often!

Unknown said...

love my boy :)

dirty, stinky feet and all.

Brittney said...

I have two boys, and I am learning too that they are so unique and lovable, and oh so fun!

Unknown said...

I have one boy ~ and he is just as you describe! Busy busy busy! But oh so lovable!

Kym said...

I have three boys, and can relate to a lot of your experience! LOL I love my boys!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!