Friday, February 3, 2012

Lessons Pathways

Lessons Pathway is a FREE K-5 curriculum, and teaching resource help.

It use to be something you pay for but now it is free. The website is broken down into "Pathways" for each grade and subject. There are 36 lessons in each subject. {that's a lesson a week for a whole school year}

The subjects they cover are Science {K-5}, History {K-5}, Reading and Phonics {K-2}, Math {K-5} Language Arts {K-5}, and Field Trips. {the field trips give links to different states and what can be done in that state along with things to see}

For the core subjects everything builds on each other. There are ideas and activities. There are worksheets, and links to blogs and hands on activities. HERE is an example of a history lesson.

There is an area so you can plan your year for each of your children, to help you stay organized if you want to change up the way they have it. Or... if you are like me and need everything you can use to keep your lessons straight.

Lessons Pathways does a really good job on keeping up with their links so you will find very few broken links, there is also a place where you can review each lesson is at the bottom.

I have used Lesson Pathways and like it each time I come back to it. I will usually use it for a while and get busy and forget about it, but each time I come back to it I am pleasantly surprised.

You can use Lesson Pathways as your Core Curriculum or as a great supplement. If you want/need to homeschool for free, I feel that this is the best way to go.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Thanks so much for this info. I will definitely be looking into this.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!