Friday, March 2, 2012

Question of the Week

What is the worst/funniest/oddest question or statement that you have heard about homeschoolers?
{I had no intention of this turning into a post on Socialization.. but that seemed to be the theme here} 

This is a funny question! I have overheard people say things (that didn't know I was homeschooling) about how people do it so they can shelter their kids from the world or they can't let their kids go out in the world. I disagree of course because I am not sheltering my kids from the world, I am teaching my kids about the world myself while I am there to answer their questions. But, I think the thing people warn me the most about homeschooling is that my kids aren't going to be socialized. I disagree with that as well...
~Kris S.

The question made by my sons former teacher: "What will happen when he enters the real world?"
Seriously? Just because a child is homeschooled, it doesn't mean they are completely sheltered from "the real world".

Another statement was "Homeschooled people (or their parents) are just lazy."

~Noah C.

"Are they socialized?"
~Shannon E. 


People have said to us as were out shopping. "I guess you don't get to socialize with other kids'? All three of us will look at each other and laugh. We don't bother to answer them.
~Elizabeth F.

I found these that were funny so I thought I would share them 





The music on this one is annoying, so turn it down, but the comments are real.





I think I'll do a post on socialization {as if it hasn't already been done to death :) }

Next weeks question is. Is Art a part of your day/week, or is it something that sometimes get forgotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!