Sunday, March 4, 2012

Littlest learner.

Benji is a great addition to our family! And I love having a baby around. The boys... well... they love him too but -  he has been pushing them out of their desks so he has a place to work. They are not sitting on the floor so he doesn't thing he should either.

I had him in his high chair for a while, which was fine for about 4 days but her realized that once he was up he lost the freedom to get down when he wanted... I was ok with that, he had other ideas and told me so.

I remembered that I had this little blue table, and one lone chair to go with it.

Now Benji has his own place to work, and sit, and spread out. He will look at books for a while and then color, and then drive the brothers crazy, before starting all over with his book.

I think the little ones pick up quickly. Benji knows are routine, and just wants to be a part of that. If the brothers are working on something, he feels like he needs to as well. They all have their own spots, so he needs one too.

So for your smallest ones let them feel like they have a space to do their "school work". It's nothing formal, but let them have a space that is not in the way of the other kids, {and so they are not in his way either} and let them feel like they are a part of the group rather than to be shooed away because they get into things.
And in true boy fashion, it is starting with Dinosaurs.




{After I took this picture Benji found something better to do and emptied my cabinets... I guess you can't win them all}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!