Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Three Little Pigs

We read the story about the Three Little Pigs. It's one that we know, so it was fun to read different books. We read "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs" and talked about how there are different perspectives to different stories.
We tried to blow houses down.
Our straw house was easy to blow down,

The stick house took a little more work

But the brick, or in our case the rock house, we couldn't blow down.
We talked about having a firm foundation. We sang "The Wise Man, and the Foolish Man" and talked about what we need to have a strong foundation.
I also made little cards with pictures on it with what happens in the story.... and had them put it in order. {I think I'm going to make these into file folder games for the boys}
I think it's fun to read these stories again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!