Monday, October 19, 2009

October 12 - 16

This week we talked about our community and what makes a community. We talked about the business, and services that make up a community. We watched Ben Stiller and Telly sing about the "People in Our Neighborhood"

{I have to thank the husband for being technology advanced.... we have internet hooked up to the TV so we are able to watch things from YouTube and such.} While we were on the internet we decided to take a look at our community through Google Earth. We looked at our neighborhood and then where we use to live in Sierra Vista. We took a look at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and then just for kicks.... we went to Egypt to see the pyramids.

Here is a file folder game that I made. It's a matching StarWars game


I got the idea to use the paint chips from The Snail Trail. I liked using the paint chips to put the other stickers on, it makes them really sturdy. But I used her idea to make the pocket to put everything in, and I'm not sure I did it right but it's really small and tight for little hands so I think I'm going to use 6" envelopes for other's that I do. {I'll post more as I get them done}
I just used stickers, and they are kinda small but I like that. It makes Tommy really look at the pictures to see if they are right.

Here is another game.... This one I made up. I put James' spelling words on sticky notes and put them up around the house and then I give him a spelling word and he has to go and find it. Also I'll put letters around and then he has to find each letter to spell the word.
This is a fun game and gets the boys moving and thinking. When Tommy and Tim both do it together I use two different color sticky notes so the boys know who's is who's.


And here is our Art project... we made our window a huge pumpkin. We just used tissue paper so at night with the lights on inside it makes the pumpkin glow. I think it's kinda cool.

That was our week. It was a crazy one that we took easy because I was potty training Tim so my time was divided.

We are still doing spelling and vocabulary but I'm not going to post that any more. If, however, you want to know what words we are working on let me know and I'll be happy to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!