Monday, March 1, 2010

Family Reading

I was finding it hard to find a quiet time during the day for the boys to read, and then one day it happened.... The boys were being crazy and it was too cold to send them outside to run off their energy {never mind that it was dark....} so I told every boy to get a book. I sent Tommy in with dad, put James on one side of the couch and sat with Tim on the other told the boys to read there books and sit still. Not the most conventional way to start a good reading habit but there you have it. I was always reading to them we just didn't have a designate time when we did it, so there were days that we didn't do any reading.

What it has turned into.... is something wonderful!!! It's great to see them sitting with books in their laps. I now read a couple books out loud and then we have a semi quiet reading time... {they still read out loud so it's funny to listen to James and Tommy reading different books}


Can you believe he is in kindergarten and reading this??? I read Flat Stanley to the boys and James liked it so much he wanted to read it again... so he did. {i have a feeling this wouldn't have happen if he wasn't home schooled... here there are no restrictions to what he can read, even if it's not his grade level.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!