Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rockets and Space Shuttles

We are lucky enough to be able to view a shuttle launch on Monday {the 16th} so to get ready for that, we have been talking about rocket and shuttles and space things. {Odd I know to go from Indians to space exploration and then back to pilgrims... but hey, go with the flow right...}

So I found this little video about space shuttles, the launch and re-entry. there are even questions at the end to answer. It's really cheesy, but the boys loved it! It's on the website Kids Know It under Space Exploration {the best part... it's FREE} Take a look around... this is a site that I will be back to. The way they explain things is great.
I tried the whole baking soda and vinegar thing....


Yeah, it didn't work.

But since we are all here to learn and grow we chalked it up to experience and went inside to make some space ships.

{being boys, they really want to see something explode, so we will try again with the baking soda and vinegar another day}

Hopefully, I'll be back with some really cool rocket pictures... only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!