Sunday, November 15, 2009

More Indians

This week we continued with our studies on Indians. We read a story about the Cherokee people and their new year "Harvest Festival"

Each year every family put out their fire in their house. And then the clan leader {family leader} would start a new fire and then each member of his family would take a coal and start their fire with it. So all fires came from one. they then would keep the fire burning all year long until the next Harvest Festival.

We used m&m's, tootsie rolls, and skittles. I built my fire with m&m's {coal} and tootsie rolls {logs} and then I started a fire. {using my skittles.. I used the red yellow and orange ones} Each of the boys built a place with their logs, and then I gave them some coals and the the fire started.
We talked about the word harvest and they types of things we harvest. this will help us easy into next week when we talk about the pilgrims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!