Saturday, August 18, 2012

Where we school

Now that we are getting ready to move and all of my hard work is getting put away {...sigh...} I thought I would show you {or help me remember} what the area were we school looks like.

All the different places homeschools learn is as different as each family. Some have a dedicated school room, others just use the kitchen table or couch to school. Some are super organized and have everything labeled and color coded. {my dream!} and others not so much.

I'll be honest, I like snooping looking at other people's houses. I love seeing how things are set up and how they make living and schooling work. So for those that also like to snoop around, here you go.

For us, the boys' room is really large and we are able to have the 4 beds, toys and school stuff in their room. It actually all fits and when it's clean it looks really good.... only that doesn't happen as much as I would like.

So first off.... to make me feel better this is what it did look like in the not to distant past. We had a long table that the boys worked at and everything was just put together as best as we could.


Here you can see the three beds, Benji's is on the other side {oh.... those poor blinds have seen better days!}

So here is what I did..... First off... we got desks for the boys. They were poking each other. Why... well because they could I suppose. Having desks means they can be as close or as far as I need them to be. They each have their own space for their things and their project and stuff. {and I got them at the place where school things from the public schools go to die for $10 a piece!}

I turned the long table and put it up against the wall, that gave me a workable area but it's still out of the way.

The shelves stayed the same just cleaned up a bit and I labeled every thing as best as I could. It really does look so pretty. The area between the table and the book shelves has a rug on the floor, so it's a little better to sit right there are look at books.


There are two book shelves, one has all of our school books or reference or school what ever on it
the other has all the other reading books on it. It looks like such a small amount compared to other homeschoolers, but I will rotate the books so there is always a fresh batch {there is 3 boxes of books under Tim's bed} and... I have known since we got here that we would be moving so I have tried really hard to refrain from buying to many books.


Another find from the public school grave yard...This is just a place for extra stuff that I have that I don't know what to do with... I'll put it to better use once we get set up after we move.
Here is a long shot of the area. I think it turned out really great. It works perfect for us. The desks are pushed back at the end of the day so there is more room to bring out the toys and everything has a place. I would like to say that everything is always put back but... sad to say it is not.


Do you want to let me come peek at your school area now??? {Please}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!