Monday, April 9, 2012

Accelerated Achievement


Have you heard of Accelerated Achievement or A2 {A Squared}

When we started thinking about homeschooling A2 is what I found. I bought the demo CD {$4.00} and really liked it. So I bought the A2 curriculum. It was $99.00.

For the $99.00 you don't get just one year you get K-12!! {There is no math and no science, but they are able to direct you to what you need and where to go for these subjects}

A2 follows a very classical education. With the idea that everything can be learned through books and through hands on learning. 

What I liked about it was all the books that are on the CD. Do you want to know how many books... 800!!! Yes, 800 books, and they are the classics!

It starts off with the McGruffy reading. And in 7 volumes it takes you from easy words to passages from Shakespeare. There are also one syllable books for early readers {which I really like}.

There are two versions to the curriculum. The first is the standard version with great quotes by famous people and bible verses to be used as copy work. The second is an LDS version includes what the standard version has along with scriptures from the Book of Mormon, quotes from the prophets and even a missionary prep book

When you buy the A2 curriculum you are part of their family. Paul and Susan Stone are willing and wanting to help you make this curriculum work for you. There is an area on their website where you can send messages but they also give you their HOME phone number!!! How many other curriculum's do that?? How many other creators of curriculum or of any homeschooling products will offer their home phone number?

With all that said, I no longer use this solely. I have found that we are not classical homeschoolers. I have gone a different way, BUT.... I still use the books. {how can I not??? 800 books remember!}

I am glad that I found this program, and it was a great... easy... way to start into homeschooling.

{All opinions are my own. I actually bought the CD and used it. I have not received any compensations for my thoughts or opinions to write this}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing such wonderful and interesting article about accelerated achievement.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing such wonderful and interesting article about Accelerated Achievement.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!