Friday, June 4, 2010

Art all around us.

I'm trying really hard to make sure we get a little art in. Tommy really likes art, but James... it comes in waves. James like learning about the artists and what style they used rather than just color.
By accident I found that freezer paper works really well to paint on. One side is paper and the other side is wax so there is no mess even if there is a lot of paint. This is my favorite thing for art work!!
You know you gotta love the dollar section at Target! I found these little ceramic mushrooms that you paint. {and a good lesson on not eating mushrooms that are not given you by mom and dad :) }

The boys have also been learning to sew. They made these little "gathering bags" {like the Egyptian children use to use to gather food} This actually went over really well and they are getting better at it.

We have also taken a look at Cubism. Some paper and a little tape and whola!!
I like being able to use what I have on hand and help the boys learn and love art. And seeing what they create is really cool!! It's neat to see the talent that they have. And I like seeing them pulling out paper and letting their imagination take over with out any prompting.
I am putting together an art bin for the summer and after the Benjamin is born. This way everything is at hands reach for them. {hopefully Tim will keep the art to his paper and not on his body....}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!!